CONGRATULATIONS on selecting quality hair extensions to enhance your natural beauty!
To make your new hair last as long as possible and to help prevent damage to your scalp, natural hair or the extensions please consistently practice the following:
● Use the professional shampoo prescribed and provided in your take home kit or click here to shop VIRTUE
● Brush extensions thoroughly before washing to remove any tangles
● Now that your hair is thicker, you may divide the hair into two sections on either side of the head to wash or multiple ponytails and wash section- by-section.
● Use the professional conditioner prescribed & provided in your take home kit or click here to shop VIRTUE .
● Apply conditioner from mid-shaft down to the ends of your hair + leave on for 2-3 minutes.
● Rinse completely
● You may use a Virtue Refresh Purifying Leave-In conditioner to help detangle and keep your hair protected and nourished.
● Use a WBR, BELLAMI boar bristle or Wet/Shine brush at
least 2x daily to remove any knots or tangles.
● Gather hair into a low ponytail & securely hold close to scalp. Starting at the ends brush through tangles carefully working your way up toward the scalp.
● ALWAYS brush hair in this manner, entirely detangling before it gets wet!
● Gently wring as much water from your hair as possible. Then briefly AIR DRY before using a blow dryer.
● Apply heat protectant, such as Virtue 6-1 styler, healing oil or BELLAMI Extension Perfector.
● Using a blow dryer and your hands or flat brush dry the hair from the top down. (think- scalp to ends) REMEMBER: Top of wefts must be completely dried!
● When 75% of the moisture is gone from the ends, use a round brush to style if desired.
● Human Hair extensions are safe to use with thermal tools like curling wands, flat irons, etc. ALWAYS combine your natural hair with extension hair when curling.
● Temperature setting depends on your natural hair. You may use between 270-350 degrees on your extensions when proper heat protectants are applied BEFORE styling PRODUCTS.
● Use of products outside of my recommendation are done at the risk of damaging or reducing the life of your extensions and your natural hair.
● ALWAYS wet your hair with fresh tap water and apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner to the ends PRIOR to swimming in any body of water.
● Place hair in loose ponytail or braid
● Right AFTER swimming, rinse extensions WELL with fresh tap water and spray with leave- in conditioner. THEN REFER TO DRYING section of this care list. WEFTS MUST BE DRIED.
● Brush hair gently removing all tangled and loosely braid before sleeping
● NEVER go to bed with wet hair. It can cause tangling close to the scalp. If this occurs, schedule an appointment immediately.
BELLAMI hair goes through an extensive process to achieve the colors they offer. The dye used is not traditional hair dye & therefore the hair will not accept traditional hair color in the manner one may expect.
NEVER COLOR YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS.
If you feel the color of your extensions need to be refreshed or altered in anyway, please contact me to discuss options.