CONGRATULATIONS on selecting quality hair extensions to enhance your natural beauty!
To make your new hair last as long as possible and to help prevent damage to your scalp, natural hair or the extensions please consistently practice the following:
● Use a boar bristle or Wet/Shine brush at
least 2x daily to remove any knots or tangles.
● Gather hair into a low ponytail & securely hold close to scalp. Starting at the ends brush through tangles carefully working your way up toward the scalp.
● ALWAYS brush hair before it gets wet!
● Brush extensions thoroughly before washing to remove any tangles
● Now that your hair is thicker, you may decide to divide the hair into two sections on either side of the head to wash or multiple ponytails and wash section- by-section
● Use professional shampoo prescribed during your service or click here to shop VIRTUE
● Begin at the scalp and massage shampoo into the hair using a “Z” formation. Do not use a circular motion or flip head upside down as this causes tangles.
● Use professional shampoo prescribed during your service or click here to shop VIRTUE .
● Apply conditioner from mid-shaft down to the ends of your hair + leave on for 2-3 minutes.
● Rinse completely
● You may use a Virtue Refresh Purifying Leave-In conditioner to help detangle and keep your hair protected and nourished.
● AIR DRY hair as much as possible before using a blow dryer
● Apply heat protectant, such as Virtue 6-1 styler.
● Using a blow dryer and your hands or flat brush to dry the hair from the top down. (thing scalp to ends)
● When about 75% of the moisture is gone, use a round brush to style if desired.
● Human Hair extensions are safe to use with thermal tools like curling wands, flat irons, etc.
● Temperature setting depends on your natural hair. You may use between 270-350 degrees on your extensions when proper heat protectants are applied BEFORE styling PRODUCTS.
● Use of products outside of my recommendation are done at the risk of damaging or reducing the life of your extensions.
● ALWAYS wet your hair with fresh tap water and apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner to the ends PRIOR to swimming in any body of water.
● Place hair in loose ponytail or braid
● Right AFTER swimming, rinse extensions WELL with fresh tap water and spray with leave- in conditioner
● Brush hair gently and loosely braid before sleeping
● Do not go to bed with wet hair as it can cause tangling close to the scalp. If this occurs, schedule an appointment with your Stylist to remove immediately.
● DO NOT COLOR YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS. EVER. Please consult your certified extension stylist for all color services.